Getting to Elevation Hotel & Spa
Elevation Hotel & Spa is Located at the base of Mount Crested Butte and just steps from the lifts. The town of Crested Butte is two miles down the road and easily accessed by car or free local transportation.
For a map to the hotel, please visit Google Maps.
Crested Butte by Air
The Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (GUC) will offer more flights for the 2017/18 winter season making access to the Gunnison Valley more convenient than ever.
United Airlines flies daily non-stop service through the winter into the Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (GUC) from Denver International Airport (DEN) so connections to most large and mid-size airports in the country are available. Another additional flight will service peak ski season at Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport December 20-April 2.
Fly United Airlines daily non-stop flights from Houston (IAH) to Gunnison (GUC) over the holidays this season. Later in the winter we have weekend non-stop service in February and March.
For the latest GUC schedule information, please visit https://gunnisoncrestedbutte.com/plan/getting-here. For news and all your GUC travel information needs, visit www.flygunnisonairport.com.
Airport Transfers & Car Rentals
Alpine Express shuttles meet every flight and provide scenic door-to-door service between Gunnison Airport and Crested Butte. Be sure to make an advanced reservation. Rental cars are also available on-site at the Gunnison/Crested Butte airport. Advanced reservations are recommended.
For more information or to reserve transfers and car rentals, reserve online or call 800-810-7669.
Denver (4 Hours)
Denver is the 5th busiest airport in the United States and services flights from all over the country. The drive from the Front Range through the heart of the Rockies to Crested Butte is a fantastic tour of some of the most scenic places in Colorado.
Directions from Denver International Airport to Crested Butte:
- Take Pena Boulevard towards 1-70
- After 11 miles merge onto 1-70 West
- Stay on I-70W through Denver (24 miles)
- Take Exit 260 onto CO-470 East
- After 5 miles take the exit for US 285 South towards Fairplay
- Stay on US 285 South until you reach the outskirts of Buena Vista
- Turn left to stay on US 285 South for another 21 mile
- Turn right onto US 50 West
- Arrive in Gunnison after 60 miles
- To reach Crested Butte turn right at CO-135 North and continue for 28 miles
Montrose Airport (1.75 Hours)
Montrose is the second closest airport to the Gunnison Valley and Crested Butte. It services flights from Allegiant, American, United, and Delta from both coasts. One of the best things about flying into Montrose is that you pass the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park and the Blue Mesa Reservoir on the way to Gunnison and Crested Butte.
Directions from Montrose Regional Airport to Crested Butte:
- Turn left out of the airport onto US 50 East
- Follow US 50E for 60 miles to reach Gunnison
- Turn left on CO-135 North and continue for 28 miles to reach Crested Butte